Dear [Approving Manager],
I’d like to request your approval to attend the 2019 World nZEB Forum in Dún Laoghaire on 13th and 14th November. The website for the conference is here https://worldnzebforum2019.com/
As you’re probably well aware, the Nearly Zero Energy Building standard (or ‘NZEB’ for short) becomes mandatory in Ireland on 1st November 2019, so I feel that attending this conference will be of huge benefit to our [firm / organisation / Local Authority].
At this conference, I will be able to:
- Get an update on NZEB deadlines, requirements and key impacts for our day-to-day work;
- Hear best practice in NZEB from Irish and international speakers;
- Explore through case studies how NZEB can be delivered in a cost effective manner;
- Participate in hands-on workshops and site visits;
- Network with both the presenters and delegates.
This is an exclusive forum for leaders in high performance buildings to come together and discuss NZEB in depth.
I have reviewed the event’s workshops, case studies and networking sessions, and feel it would be beneficial for me to attend and I hope you agree. As an added benefit, I’ll also receive the conference presentation materials after the event, which I can then share with you and the rest of the team.
The cost of attending is €265 (early bird until 14th October), which is great value for the calibre of this kind of event.
If you’re concerned about me being absent for 2 days, I can select to only attend the ‘main event’ on 14th November.
Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to discussing this with you in further detail.